Huawei P40 Pro Plus Review Rundown
Huawei P40 Pro Plus is the first Huawei P Series phone that's technically superior to the Pro model. It boasts ceramic casing, five-camera setup with 10X optical zoom, 40W wireless fast charging, and 512GB storage, among other premium features. There are no Google services, and it is very expensive, but all things considered, it's an excellent smartphone.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The P40 Pro Plus is the first Huawei P Series phone that's technically superior to the Pro model. The body is made from glass, metal, and ceramic, and it weighs 226 grams. The camera bump on the back is ever-so-slightly larger than the one on the P 40 Pro, and houses an additional sensor.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The P40 Pro Plus uses an additional telephoto lens, which allows for an up to 100x digital zoom similar to the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. With 512 GB, the internal storage capacity of the Huawei P40pro Plus is twice as large compared to the P40Pro. The 6.58-inch OLED display has a refresh rate of 90 Hz and a native resolution of 2640x pixels.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The 10x optical zoom abilities will be stuffed into a compact and elegant flagship like the here, we'd find it hard to believe them. Huawei, however, did it again (no oopsies). The hybrid phone/camera abomination will go on sale later this year.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
There's no 3.5mm headphone jack and the same under-screen speaker as the P30 Pro for phone calls. Huawei doesn't include a clear TPU case in the box as it has always done with P-series phones. Phone Clone is an app which allows you to transfer many apps from an old phone to your P40 Pro+. But a good few will be listed as ‘Not supported' including banking apps and others including eBay.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Huawei P40 Pro Plus costs £1,299 / AU$2,500 (roughly $1,570) It's the most expensive non-foldable Android phone on the scene. The Pro Plus also packs more storage - 512GB - and the crowning glory, that 10x optical zoom lens. It's a niche phone and a major flex from Huawei, asserting dominance over other camera phones.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Huawei P40 Pro Plus has a 10x optical zoom - a world first on a smartphone. It also has two telephoto cameras, one of which doubles up as a video camera. The phone runs Android 10, with the brand's own Emotion UI interface over the top. It isn't on the same footing as other Android phones though, thanks to the US imposed Huawei Google ban.
- 1. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus review-in-progress: Zooming ahead. Digitaltrends. 09 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus Smartphone Review: Flagship with 100x Zoom. Notebookcheck. 18 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus 5G review, the zoom champion. Phonearena. 10 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus review. Techadvisor. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus review. Techradar. 07 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Huawei P40 Pro Plus Review. Trustedreviews. 10 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.