Xiaomi Mi 11 Review Rundown
Xiaomi | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 19 Jun 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Xiaomi Mi 11 is the company's new flagship dual-SIM 5G smartphone powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 888 chipset. It also features a three-camera setup with a 108MP main unit as well as multiple fast charging options, including 50W wireless fast charging.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Anandtech have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi's Mi 11 is the first smartphone to feature the new Snapdragon 888 SoC. It features a new 6.81” AMOLED 3200 x 1440 screen with up to 120Hz refresh rate. Under manual brightness, the phone lands in at 487 nits, which is in line with the Mi 10 Pro last year.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 has a 6.81-inch AMOLED screen with a 3,200 x 1,400 pixel resolution. There are three cameras in the multilevel module on the back of the Mi 11: A 108MP main camera with a 1/1.33-inch sensor, a 13MP wide-angle camera, and a 5-megapixel macro camera. It does not have an optical zoom, but does have some unusual video camera features and can shoot 8K video.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 has a 6.81in edge-to-edge screen with a maximum refresh rate of 120Hz. It has the same 108MP main camera unit (Samsung's Isocell HM3 sensor) as the pricier Galaxy S21 Ultra and it also has ultrawide and macro cameras. Qualcomm's new flagship processor, the Snapdragon 888, is on board as well as a 108MP camera and a 20MP selfie camera.
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
MIUI 12.5 has a setting that allows you to set how sensitive the phone will be to touches on the curved area. Auto-brightness curve is great, we barely had to manually adjust things during our extended time with the Mi 11. The Mi 11 comes with the most customizable blue light filter we've ever seen, called Reading mode.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 is the first flagship smartphone with the brand-new Snapdragon 888. Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1440p for the first time in its Mi series. With 8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128 GB of UFS 3.1 storage, cheapest version of the Mi smartphone is available as an import for about 580 Euros (~$703)
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi has been killing it in terms of design in the past few years. The new Mi 11 utilizes frosted Gorilla Glass in its build. The display has a slight curve at the edges, which makes for gesture-based navigation. The Snapdragon 888 is indeed the most powerful chip in the Android landscape.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi's Mi 11 is the first phone to pack the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. The main camera is a 108Mp monster, with a large 1/1.33in sensor. In good lighting, there's very little to complain about with the Mi 11's main camera. With a 4600mAh cell, battery life is unsurprisingly decent.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 is the latest flagship phone from the company. It has a 6.81-inch display, the company's biggest in terms of screen size. The Mi 11 has a 2.5K resolution, over the 2K of the Mi 10 and Galaxy S21. There are plenty of other enhancements like automatic video resolution and framerate upscaling. A standout new feature has to be its 5MP telemacro snapper.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
The Mi 11 isn't particularly exciting to look at, but it's well-built and solidly designed. At 8.1mm thick and weighing 196 grams, it's noticeably thinner and a little lighter than last year's Mi 10. Despite the pedestrian hardware, I'm generally happy with how the Mi 11 cameras perform.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi is bringing the Mi 11 to the U.K. this March, but there's no specific release date or price given yet. The Mi 11 is positioned to really challenge the Samsung Galaxy S21 with how much it packs into the phone. Under the hood, the Xiaomi Mi 11 features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 is a top-tier flagship at a price that undercuts the current headline releases from Apple and Samsung. The 8GB/128GB model is priced at €749, which is a very tempting price for what's on offer. The main wide camera is the star of the show, and it's the same 108-megapixel 1/1.33-inch sensor Xiaomi has in other devices.
- 1. ^ The Xiaomi Mi 11 Review: A Gorgeous Screen and Design. Anandtech. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-03-14.
- 2. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review: Specs to challenge the Galaxy S21, but not the battery. Digitaltrends. 2021-02-26. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review: A flagship-killing powerhouse. Expertreviews. 2021-02-18. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 long-term review. Gsmarena. 2021-06-18. Retrieved 2021-06-19.
- 5. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review: Strong flagship smartphone with limitations. Notebookcheck. 2021-02-21. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 6. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 5G Review. Phonearena. 2021-02-19. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review. Techadvisor. 2021-02-25. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 8. ^ Hands on: Xiaomi Mi 11 review. Techradar. 2021-03-03. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 9. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review: undercutting Samsung. Theverge. 2021-03-04. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- 10. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 review: A worthy alternative to Android flagships. Tomsguide. 2021-03-16. Retrieved 2021-03-18.
- 11. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Review. Trustedreviews. 2021-03-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.