Razer Viper 8k Review Rundown
Razer Viper 8K promises the fastest data transfers you'll see in an esports mouse, with an unprecedented 8000Hz polling rate that theoretically cuts the already insignificant amount of input lag in most mice down to under a microsecond. The Razer Speedflex cable is basically identical to other cables in the Viper lineup, but it's slightly thicker.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Razer Viper 8K is an excellent gaming mouse for casual and esports gamers. It has a responsive Focus+ sensor, up to 20K DPI, optical triggers, a class-leading polling rate, and an ambidextrous design. The RGB lighting is surprisingly shy on a mouse called the "Viper 8K" but the design is better off from the reserved approach.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Razer Viper 8K is an eight-button, ambidextrous, wired mouse. It has an unprecedented 8000Hz polling rate, theoretically cutting the already insignificant amount of input lag in most mice down to under a microsecond. A button on the mouse's underside lets you choose from five customizable DPI presets.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Razer Viper 8KHz is a lightweight, true ambidextrous mouse thanks to the two buttons on either side. It looks physically identical to the Razer Viper, but with a slightly thicker cable and smoother-gliding feet. While it doesn't have an ergonomic shape like some dedicated office mice, it should still feel very comfortable for most hand sizes using a claw or fingertip grip.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Razer Viper 8K has a polling rate of 8,000Hz. This gives it an incredible level of responsiveness, such as smoother precision aiming, with button presses registering significantly faster. The simple, ambidextrous form factor, along with its ridiculously light weight and superb ergonomics, make it a pleasure to use. It is a wired mouse, so you'll have to look elsewhere if that's a deal breaker.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Razer Viper 8K Hz is an ambidextrous mouse with extreme performance. Its hallmark feature is an 8,000 Hz polling rate that trumps the 1,000Hz rate most mice today carry. The mouse carries the same shape as the original Razer Viper and, therefore, the wireless Razer Viper Ultimate.
- 1. ^ Razer Viper 8K gaming mouse review. Laptopmag. 27 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Razer Viper 8K Gaming Mouse Review. Pcmag. 28 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Razer Viper 8KHz Mouse Review. Rtings. 19 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Razer Viper 8K review. Techradar. 28 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Razer Viper 8K Hz Review: 8,000 Hz Polling Rate Arrives. Tomshardware. 28 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.