Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 28 Apr 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are the fourth and priciest entry in Samsung's range of true wireless earbuds. Unlike the Buds Plus and Buds Live, the Buds Pro double-down on the Android, and more specifically, Galaxy, ecosystem. They feature an 11mm woofer and a 6.5mm tweeter crammed in each side. Voice detection lets the buds automatically turn on its Ambient Noise feature when it hears your voice.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Buds Pro are more than a remix of Samsung's previous wireless earbuds. Instead of having a single driver in each bud, the buds feature an 11mm woofer and a 6.5mm tweeter crammed in each side. Samsung borrowed the built-in vents (to prevent air pressure from building up and becoming uncomfortable), extra mics, and active noise canceling it used in the Galaxy Bud's Live and put them in the Pros.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Buds Pro are a great pair of everyday-wearable true wireless earbuds. They aren't for audiophiles, nor were they ever going to be, but they more than get the job done. Five to eight hours of battery is spot-on, and the case charges the buds quickly. There's nothing about them that aren't appreciably appreciably better than the Jabra Elite 75T.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are the South Korean company's third new pair of true wireless earbuds in a year. Unlike the Buds Plus and Buds Live, they double-down on the Android, and more specifically, Galaxy, ecosystem. A number of their features can only be used when paired with a Galaxy device, firmly positioning them as Samsung's answer to AirPods Pro.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The $199 Samsung Galaxy Buds combines the compact, comfortable design of past earbuds with true active noise cancellation. The Buds Pro ship with three pairs of eartips (S, M, L) and a USB Type-C cable. The buds definitely have a more defined sound profile compared to the Buds Live.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Buds Pro are Samsung's True Wireless Sound earbuds with ANC. Samsung relies on two drivers in its headphones that pave the way for two-way sound - an 11-millimetre woofer for bass and a 6.5-millimeter driver for the higher frequencies. Samsung failed to specify the exact frequency range and relies on a rather vague claim that the delivered sound is "thrilling"
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Buds Pro have an in-ear seal that makes for improved noise cancellation. They're completely waterproof for up to 30 minutes in up to a meter of water. The touch-and-hold control is a bit awkward, and it's a bummer that the earphones don't allow for the use of more common voice assistants.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are worthy options for Samsung-focused Android users. With their unique voice detection feature and impressive waterproofing, they even manage to come out ahead of other earbuds aimed at a similarly wide market. You'll need to be fully committed to the Samsung ecosystem if you want to get the most out of them.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Truly Wireless are in-ear headphones with a good active noise cancelling (ANC) feature. They can only be used on Bluetooth-enabled PCs, but have high latency so they aren't recommended for gaming. They offer around 4.3 hours of continuous playback time, which is shorter than the Samsung Buds Live Truly Wireless.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro offer multipoint pairing, hands-free Bixby support (but not Google Assistant) and the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app that's only available on Android. They can also use Samsung's proprietary Scalable Audio that supports UHQ audio streaming over Bluetooth at up to 24-bit / 96kHz, SmartThings Finder and multi-mic recording that allows you to use the Buds as a lapel mic stand-in when you shoot videos on your Samsung phone. The two big marquee features are its active noise cancellation and IPX7 waterproofing, the highest rating so far for Samsung earbuds.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
Samsung's Galaxy Buds Pro are the best true wireless earbuds that the company has made yet. They have two-way speakers in each earbud: there's an 11-millimeter woofer and 6.5mm tweeter. The active noise cancellation is much better than the Buds Live, where it seems to barely do anything.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro is available for $199.99 at major online retailers, including Amazon and Best Buy. Right now, Samsung is offering the buds for $149.99 with eligible trade-in. ANC on these buds is much better than what its predecessor delivered, but does it reduce “99%” of background noise like Samsung claims?
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Buds Pro are Samsung's latest true wireless earbuds. The buds aim to entice buyers away from the competition by offering listeners “the most intelligent” ANC (active noise cancellation) on the market. They also offer AKG-tuned audio and gym-ready IPX78 water-resistance.
- 1. ^ Galaxy Buds Pro Review: Samsung's Real Answer to the AirPods Pro. Gizmodo. 2021-01-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: I can hear clearly now. Digitaltrends. 2021-01-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: High-quality, feature-rich earbuds for Galaxy users. Expertreviews. 2021-01-29. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review . Laptopmag. 2021-01-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: Great sound! Looks good!. Nextpit. 2021-02-10. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 6. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Review. Pcmag. 2021-01-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: A little bit of everything. Pcworld. 2021-03-03. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- 8. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Truly Wireless Headphones Review. Rtings. 2021-02-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 9. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review. Techradar. 2021-02-10. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 10. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: the right balance. Theverge. 2021-01-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 11. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review. Tomsguide. 2021-04-27. Retrieved 2021-04-28.
- 12. ^ Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Review. Trustedreviews. 2021-03-16. Retrieved 2021-03-18.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.