ASUS Flow X13 (GV301, 2021) Review Rundown
The ASUS ROG Flow X13 GV301 is a 13.4-inch 2-in-1 gaming laptop powered by AMD Ryzen processors. The first 2-in-1 in the ROG lineup, the Flow X13 features a custom PCIe 3.0 x8 interface that is faster than Thunderbolt 4, named ROG Mobile Interface, to connect to its eGPU.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
Asus has made a wonderfully portable transformer of a gaming laptop in the ROG Flow X13. Measuring in at 11.8 x 8.7 x 0.6 inches and weighing 2.9 pounds with a 13.4-inch, 16:10 touch display. At its heart is AMD's new top-of-the-line mobile processor, the Ryzen 9 5980HS.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Flow X13 is one of the few 2-in-1 gaming laptops available. The 11.8 x 8.7 x 0.6-inch Flow 13 is astonishingly lightweight at 2.9 pounds. The XG Mobile joins an elite club –– the Nvidia 30-series gaming club.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Asus installs AMD's flagship in its 13-inch convertible. Gamers should also get their money's worth with the device, since it's a device from the ROG range. The Asus ROG Flow X13 is also available with a WUXGA display, which has 1920x1200 pixels.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Flow X13 is a 2-in-1 convertible gaming laptop. It stands just 0.62 inch tall, weighs 2.9 pounds, and has a 4K screen. You can pair it with a special, desktop-class GeForce RTX 3080 in a not-too-heavy external graphics enclosure.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Flow X13 is a laptop that breaks all the conventions. Its CPU performance rivals or surpasses that of many laptops twice its weight. For those times when you want more graphics performance, Asus created the XG Mobile. The aluminum-clad laptop has a generally solid feel with a pleasant industrial texture.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG X13 has a GTX 1650 mobile graphics card in it, paired with AMD's new flagship Ryzen 9 5980HS CPU. When you need real graphics power, you hook it up to Asus' XG Mobile, a proprietary graphics dock with a mobile Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080. Since this is primarily a 2-in-1, not a gaming notebook, Asus has gone thin and sacrificed room for ports.
- 1. ^ I Fell in Love With the Asus ROG Flow X13, and Then It Broke My Heart. Gizmodo. 26 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Asus ROG Flow X13 review: When AMD Ryzen Met Nvidia's 30-series. Laptopmag. 26 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Asus ROG Flow X13 in review: Gaming convertible with an AMD Ryzen 9 5980H and an optional RTX 3080. Notebookcheck. 11 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Asus ROG Flow X13 Review. Pcmag. 26 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Asus ROG Flow X13 Review: This laptop breaks all the rules. Pcworld. 02 March 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Asus ROG Flow X13 Review: XG Mobile Meets Ryzen 9 5980HS. Tomshardware. 26 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.