LG gram 16 Review Rundown
LG Electronics | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 13 Apr 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
LG's gram laptops have always been designed to be as light as possible. This year, the new LG gram 16 holds the Guinness World Record for the lightest 16-inch laptop. Powered by Intel's 11th gen Core i7-1165G7 processor and 16GB of RAM, the gram 16 features as a WQXGA IPS display with 16:10 aspect ratio. LG claims the Gram 16 can last 22 hours on a single charge.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
LG Gram 16 has the same screen size as the Apple MacBook Pro 16in. Thanks to its lightweight magnesium alloy chassis, it weighs a mere 1.16kg. Prices range from £1,249 for the Core i5 with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. If you want a bigger screen, the new 17in LG Gram costs an extra £100.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The LG Gram 16 makes a compelling case for a big screen on a thin and lightweight form factor. It brings understated looks with a solid display and a good array of ports. The featherweight chassis could, at times, feel like a bit of a drawback due to the flexibility of the magnesium alloy lid.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The metal chassis looks good, but it's a couple of steps down from the similarly priced HP Spectre or Dell XPS. Like all Gram laptops before it, the Gram 16 2-in-1 is not easily serviceable. The clickpad is reasonably large (13.2 x 8.3 cm) with smooth traction and just a bit of friction.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The LG Gram 16 holds the Guinness World Record for the lightest 16in laptop. There's a big jump in performance on offer from this year's LG Gram range, offering Intel Evo platform certification. The backlit keyboard has also had an upgrade this year, with the combination of larger and flatter keycaps and a comfortable 1.6mm key travel.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The LG Gram 16 (2021) is the latest iteration of LG's fantastic thin and light laptop range. As an Intel Evo laptop, it uses Intel's latest 11th generation processors, and this means the laptop is nice and speedy in day-to-day use. The keys are backlit, which allows you to type in low light levels as well – though unlike gaming laptops, you can't change the color of the lights behind the keyboard. We found it fast and accurate when using it to log into Windows 10 – a big improvement on some fingerprint readers included in Windows 10 laptops.
- 1. ^ LG Gram 16 review: The lightweight laptop king. Expertreviews. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- 2. ^ LG Gram 16 review. Laptopmag. 2021-04-10. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- 3. ^ LG Gram 16 16T90P Convertible Review: Lighter Than Most 15.6-inch Laptops. Notebookcheck. 2021-04-05. Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- 4. ^ LG Gram 16 (2021) review. Techadvisor. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- 5. ^ LG Gram 16 (2021) review. Techradar. 2021-03-22. Retrieved 2021-03-23.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.