Dell G5 5000 Gaming Desktop Review Rundown
Dell G5 Gaming Desktop is a no-fuss entry-level system with a super-compact design, capable gaming performance, and an affordable price tag. Despite its positioning, the G5 5000 is powered by up to 10th-gen Intel Core i9 KF processor with 128GB memory and RTX 3070 graphics.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Dell's G5 Gaming Desktop is a solid system for Office tasks, web browsing, media consumption, and 1080p gaming. The small size means that the G5 is only able to accommodate one graphics card, rather than the dual graphics support on many of its more premium rivals. The base model pairs its modest 128GB of solid-state storage alongside a more capacious 1TB hard drive – albeit one that spins at a slower 5400 RPM. The G5 desktop is limited to just two fans and no liquid cooling, so the system hums slightly louder than competitors.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Dell G5 Gaming Desktop starts at $589.99; $1,169.99 as tested. It features an Intel Core i7-9700 processor, 16GB of memory, a 512GB solid-state drive. The NZXT BLD Starter PC Plus offers virtually the same advantages at an even lower price.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Dell G5 5090 is a relatively powerful gaming PC, provided you keep your games in the full-HD range. It can handle both demanding games and productivity tasks with ease. The wiring is uncomplicated, so even a neophyte PC builder should be able to swap out RAM, upgrade a GPU or clean out a fan.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Dell G5 Gaming Desktop costs $599.99 to start; $1,149.99 as tested. It has lots of easy-access ports and houses the rig in a compact mid-tower. Dell includes a keyboard and mouse in the box, but they're definitely not gaming-grade.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Dell G5 Gaming Desktop pairs an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with an Intel Core i5-9400 processor. The model reviewed here sits in the middle of the range and costs £809 in the UK. The cheapest G5 costs £729 and drops down to a GTX 1650 and a single hard disk. But despite having the CPU and 16GB of memory, the Dell's CPU benchmark scores are miles behind the MSI Trident A.
- 1. ^ Dell G5 Gaming Desktop review: Dorm room gaming done right. Digitaltrends. 23 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Dell G5 Gaming Desktop Review. Pcmag. 11 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Dell G5 Gaming Desktop 5090 review. Tomsguide. 22 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Dell G5 Gaming Desktop Review: Console Competitor. Tomshardware. 01 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Dell G5 Gaming Desktop Review. Trustedreviews. 05 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.