MSI GS66 Stealth Review Rundown
MSI (Micro-Star International) | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
MSI GS66 Stealth is a 15.6-inch premium ultra-portable gaming laptop that can be equipped with up to 10th-gen Intel Core i9 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics, and 300Hz display.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
MSI's new GS66 Stealth gaming laptop has an incredibly colorful keyboard with customizable per key RGB lighting. The keyboard also features a cushy 1.5mm of key travel and a nice bounce at the bottom. While most people will probably connect an external mouse for gaming, the extra-wide glass touchpad is a very welcome addition for everything else.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The MSI GS66 Stealth is in step but not ahead of many of its rivals in several areas. It lacks the refinements of the Razer Blade, and isn't as affordable as the Acer Predator Triton 500. The Razer Blade has superior build quality, a better display, and a classier look. If you're considering a G-Sync laptop, the ROG Zephyrus G14 is a strong alternative.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The MSI GS66 Stealth is one of the first gaming laptops I've reviewed with Nvidia's new Super GPUs. At 4.6 pounds, the 14.2 x 9.7 x 0.7-inch Stealth is lighter than many of the other laptops in its weight class. The Stealth delivered vibrant color thanks to its ability to reproduce 116% of the sRGB color gamut.
MSI has a 15.6-inch gaming laptop in its range with the GS66 Stealth 10SE. The built-in Core i7-10750H hexa-core processor (Comet Lake) represents a good compromise between performance, power consumption, and price. Full HD resolution and high to maximum quality settings can always be selected.
MSI's GS66 Stealth is a 15-inch slim gaming notebooks with a similar graphics performance. For our test configuration with the Core i9-10980HK, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1-TB SSD, you have to pay about 2850 Euros (~$3133) The competitors include the Acer Predator Triton 500 and Gigabyte Aero 15 Classic.
MSI had one of the lightest 15.6-inch gaming laptops in the market with the GS65 and so it's a bit of a bummer that the newer model is noticeably heavier. Annoyingly, the brightness controls are inexplicably swapped on the keyboard. The pre-installed MSI True Color software allows for easy fine-tuning of colors.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
MSI GS66 Stealth is a sturdier build with more power, but it loses some of the sleekness and unique flair of its predecessor. Internally, the brand-new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super (Max-Q) GPU and Intel Core i7-10750H processor power the GS66 to super-high frame rates. This means the laptop can display up to 300 frames per second (fps)
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
MSI's GS66 Stealth is one of the thinnest gaming laptops available. It has a 15.6-inch 1080p (1920x1080) 300Hz panel with a rated 3ms response time. The keyboard on the GS66 is slightly mushy, but overall we'd say it's fine.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
MSI GS66 Stealth has a new, six-core Intel Core i7-10750H processor. It uses an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card with 6GB of memory. The 240Hz refresh rate is designed for eSports, where games run at higher framerates with faster inputs without tearing or blurring. The keyboard is fast, snappy and comfortable, with a crisper action than most chiclet keyboards.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
MSI GS66 Stealth has had a makeover since last year's impressive G65. The 240Hz screen is incredibly quick and smooth, but refresh rate doesn't do much for single-player games. Intel's 10th Gen Core i7-10750H chip is good, with ample speed for gaming, photo-editing, everyday computing and relatively demanding work tasks. It's no louder than any rival, but CPU gets too hot and its speed throttles, which hampers its working ability.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The MSI GS66 Stealth is an all-black machine that's thin and portable as far as gaming laptops go. It features up to a 300 Hz display and a 10th Gen Intel Core i7-H series. The laptop is just 0.7 inches thick and weighs 4.6 pounds. It's an adequate multitasker, though we suspect that issues with cooling led to lower performance.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
MSI GS66 Stealth is one of the best-looking gaming laptops on the market. The all-black metal chassis gives off a great first impression. However, the design's biggest problem will have probably already emerged: this laptop is a fingerprint and smudge magnet – more than any other laptop I've reviewed. The 1080p 240Hz panel provides a super-smooth gaming experience.
- 1. ^ MSI's GS66 Stealth Gaming Laptop Packs Big Specs and Thankfully Goes Light on the RGB. Gizmodo. 2020-05-15. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth review: A value Razer alternative. Digitaltrends. 2020-07-26. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth review. Laptopmag. 2020-06-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth 10SE in review: Classy gaming laptop with a 240 Hz display. Notebookcheck. 2020-08-08. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth 10SFS Laptop Review: Visually subdued, acoustically conspicuous. Notebookcheck. 2020-05-02. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 6. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth 10SGS Laptop Review: Core i7 or Core i9?. Notebookcheck. 2020-05-17. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth Review. Pcmag. 2020-04-30. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 8. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth Review: Thin and small, with a 300Hz screen. Pcworld. 2020-06-19. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 9. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth review. Techadvisor. 2020-07-02. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 10. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth review. Techradar. 2020-06-10. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 11. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth Review: Low Profile, High Temperatures. Tomshardware. 2020-04-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 12. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth Review. Trustedreviews. 2020-05-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.