Gigabyte AORUS 15G (2020) Review Rundown
Gigabyte | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Gigabyte Aorus 15G is one of the first gaming laptops to have a mechanical keyboard. One top of that, it is an ultra-premium, ultra-portable gaming laptop with up to 300Hz IPS display with 72% NTSC wide gamut, 10th-gen Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics --- all in a chassis under 1-inch in thickness.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
Gigabyte's Aorus 15G has an eight-core Intel processor, upper-midrange RTX 2070 Super with Max-Q GPU. The Omron B3KL low-profile switches are tactile and clicky, though relatively quiet. The 15G is a chunky laptop, so it's not a great pick if you're looking for something for regular travel.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
Gigabyte Aorus 15G is the first gaming laptop with a mechanical keyboard. It uses Omron switches with a huge 2.3mm of travel per key. The keyboard is also fully equipped with RGB lighting. The Aorus comes in several different flavours, starting with the fairly modest SB model, costing £1,699. The XB model sent in for this review costs £2,199 and comes with the 240Hz display.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Aorus 15G is one of the first adopters of the latest 10th Gen Intel H-series CPUs. It's outfitted with an Intel Core i7-10875H processor, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU with 8GB of VRAM, 16GB of RAM, a 512GB SSD and a 1080p, 240Hz display. The only thing it has going for it is a 240Hz refresh rate.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Aorus 15G XB is a light, compact gaming laptop in the 15.6-inch format that is equipped with a lot of computing power. The laptop stands out from the crowd of gaming laptops because it has a mechanical keyboard on board. Gigabyte honors the laptop with a two-year warranty.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
Aorus' new 15G is an premium 15.6-inch gaming laptop from Gigabyte's gaming arm. Models of the 15G start at $1,699; our $2,299 tester is tricked out with an eight-core Intel Core i7 processor. The Razer Blade 15 Advanced Edition and the Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX502 remain our top picks in this category.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Aorus 15G XB is a respectably powerful machine for its price point. It comes equipped with an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, an Intel Core i7-10875H, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 SSD. The Aorus is powerful enough in gaming to keep up with and sometimes eclipse its rivals.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Gigabyte Aorus 15G is a powerful laptop that excels at Full HD gaming with superb specs and a high refresh rate. It's the mechanical keyboard that stands out most however, with the laptop being one of the few portables of this size to feature one. With such a wonderful performance across the majority of games on maximum settings, gaming in Full HD rarely looks better. You'll just need to handle a few strange choices with the £1700 starting price.
- 1. ^ Gigabyte Aorus 15G laptop review: High-performance gaming with a screen and keyboard to match. Cnet. 2020-07-23. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Gigabyte Aorus 15G review: A mechanical beast of a laptop. Expertreviews. 2020-04-17. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Aorus 15G review. Laptopmag. 2020-05-12. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Aorus 15G XB in review: Successful gaming machine with mechanical keyboard. Notebookcheck. 2020-08-14. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ Aorus 15G Review. Pcmag. 2020-07-31. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 6. ^ Aorus 15G XB Review: Mechanical Prowess. Tomshardware. 2020-08-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ Gigabyte Aorus 15G Review. Trustedreviews. 2020-08-06. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.