Lenovo Legion 5i Review Rundown
Lenovo Legion 5i 15 features a clean, minimalist design, the Legion 5i pairs latest 10th Generation Intel Core i7 H-Series processors and up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics, all thermally tuned via Legion Coldfront 2.0.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Legion 5i is a budget-friendly gaming laptop that's perfect for mature, minimalist gamers who don't care for snazzy, showy accents. The laptop can seamlessly transition from being a professional productivity machine into a powerful gaming rig. The Legion served up middling performance on our synthetic benchmarks, including Geekbench 5.0.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Legion 5i shares a general design style with the previous generation of Legion gaming laptops, with just a few visual changes. The keyboard now includes a full number pad on the right side, absent from the Legion Y740 and a welcome inclusion. Lenovo has improved it over past Legion laptops by making it, well, more normal.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Legion 5i is a mid-range gaming laptop that just gets the job done. It comes with a quad-core 10th generation Intel i5 processor, an Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU and a 144Hz, 1080p 15.6-inch screen. You might have to sacrifice a few frames to achieve Ultra quality graphics, but that's to be expected with a gaming laptop at this price.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
Lenovo brought the 10th Gen Intel Core i5 and i7 H-series processors to this machine. Each configuration has a dedicated Nvidia graphics chip. The Legion 5i is one of the few all-plastic laptops that doesn't creak when I lift up, or adjust, the screen.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Legion 5i is a subtle rebrand for the company's gaming laptop lineup. Starting at $1,099 for Intel models (and $899 for AMD models), it continues Lenovo's standard of great displays and input devices. It comes equipped with an Nvidia RTX 2060, an Intel Core i7-10750H processor, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD and 16GB of DDR4 memory.
- 1. ^ Lenovo Legion 5i (15-inch) review. Laptopmag. 11 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Lenovo Legion 5i Review. Pcmag. 31 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Lenovo Legion 5i review. Techradar. 16 March 2021. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Lenovo’s Legion 5i is a gaming laptop of few compromises and few perks. Theverge. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Lenovo Legion 5i Review: Screen Saver. Tomshardware. 10 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.