JBL Quantum 800 Review Rundown
JBL Quantum 800 wireless gaming headset does a bit of everything, and does it all surprisingly well. It's wireless, it has programmable lighting, it offers simulated surround sound, its microphone sounds good, and it even has decent noise cancellation. For $200, the Quantum 800 packs a lot of features and very strong performance into a package that doesn't quite hit flagship prices.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The JBL Quantum 800 offers programmable lighting, active noise cancellation, and simulated surround sound enhanced by head tracking in a $300, wired package. The Quantum 800's ANC is surprisingly strong, cutting out a decent amount of surrounding noise without producing a low-level hiss or significantly changing the sound of what you're listening to. Music sounds very good on the Quantum 800 when you use the right settings.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The JBL Quantum 800 are okay wireless gaming headphones. Unlike most other gaming headphones, they have an active noise cancelling feature that does a great job of helping to cut down bass noise like the sound of bus or plane engines. These headphones have JBL's Quantum Surround 7.1 as well as a DTS X virtual surround feature. They also support a non-Bluetooth wireless connection via their USB dongle. When using their 1/8" TRRS audio cable, you can plug these headphones directly into your PC headphone jack.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The JBL Quantum 800 is a good wireless gaming headset that could have been great. I enjoyed about 90% of my time spent with the Quantum 800, thanks to its nuanced sound and plush earcups. It's not one of the best gaming headsets on the market, but it's worth considering, especially if audio quality is paramount.
- 1. ^ JBL Quantum 800 Review. Pcmag. 16 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ JBL Quantum 800 Wireless Headphones Review. Rtings. 15 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ JBL Quantum 800 review. Tomsguide. 21 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.