Panasonic HX800 Review Rundown
Panasonic Corporation | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The HX800 is Panasonic's eagerly awaited mid-range LED LCD TV for 2020. It supports all four mainstream HDR formats and uses a Panasonic HCX picture processor. Panasonic's My Home Screen operating system serves as the portal to a number of great streaming services including Netflix and Prime Video.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The HX800 is Panasonic's eagerly awaited mid-range LED LCD TV for 2020. While it doesn't exactly match up to the brand's flagship OLEDs, it still manages to pack in premium features. It has a 4K (3,840 x 2,160) VA-type LCD panel that's LED edge-lit and a 60Hz refresh rate. Like the GX800, it also supports all four mainstream HDR formats and uses a Panasonic HCX picture processor.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Panasonic HX800 series is part of the brand's 2020 edge-lit LED TV range. The 58-inch model had an RRP of £999/€999, but this has now fallen to around £700. HDMI spec is unapologetically v2.0, but we do benefit from ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), which automatically switches in the Game preset when a console is detected. Freeview Play tuner comes with all the main TV catch-up services built-in.
Reviewers from Whathifi have found the following[***]:
The TX-58HX800B is an attractive, near-black TV with a brushed metal central plinth stand, a minimal bezel and a super-thin 65mm panel. We watch Deadpool in 4K HDR and as our anti-hero skewers a black-shirted henchman on twin katanas, each differently lit fold of the bad guy's clothing is expertly textured. Panasonic's edge-lit LEDs still sometimes leak a bit of light close to the edge of the frame and the whole panel could be a little better shielded from its light source.
- 1. ^ Panasonic HX800 4K HDR TV: Is this going to be 2020’s mid-range TV king?. Expertreviews. 01 December 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Panasonic TX-58HX800 Review. Trustedreviews. 15 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Panasonic TX-58HX800B review. Whathifi. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.