LG gram 14 (2020) Review Rundown
LG Electronics | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
LG gram 14 is a beautiful laptop and a strong performer in most respects. Its slender chassis is more of a hindrance than a help. However, compared to the Samsung Galaxy Book Ion, which weighs even less than the LG Gram 14, the gram 14 has worse battery life and a dimmer display.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
LG Gram 14 has a 14in LCD IPS display with an Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 resolution. It runs on a 10th-Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU with a base frequency of 1.3GHz. There's not too much travel and it's fairly quiet too. In our 4K media benchmark tests, the Gram 14 lagged behind several machines packing the same internal components.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Gram 14Z90N uses similar lightweight metal chassis materials as the outgoing Gram 14Z980 for almost the same look and feel. The matte texture is very different from your typical magnesium-aluminum Ultrabook or carbon fiber ThinkPad as surfaces are slightly roughened on the Gram to hide fingerprints much better than you'd expect. The Gram 14 comes with an Intel U-class CPU and no dedicated GeForce option to keep weight as low as possible.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
LG sells two versions of its latest 14-inch 2-in-1 Gram. The Core i7-10510U is a 10th-gen Comet Lake Intel CPU. Wi-Fi 6 support means the Gram will be ready once you upgrade to a router. The Gram's backlit keyboard has a solid, comfortable feel.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
LG gram 14 has an IPS, Full HD (1920x1080) display with a 16:9 ratio. It weighs less than a kilogram, a few grams more than a 12-inch tablet. The keyboard is quick and accurate, thanks in part to the size of the keys. Once fully charged, the 72Wh battery keeps me working for 2 days (or a very long one)
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The 14Z90N ticks all the right boxes but will it be enough to wow us? You can buy the LG Gram 14 2020 for less than $1,290 in the US. It has twice the number of ports/slots compared to its nearest competitor, the Dell XPS 13. The glossy reflective screen works great for contrast but not exactly ideal in brightly lit environments.
- 1. ^ LG Gram 14 (14Z90N) review: A lightweight in more ways than one. Expertreviews. 02 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ LG Gram 14Z90N Laptop Review: Lightweight at the Cost of Performance. Notebookcheck. 16 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ LG Gram 14 review: This thin, light 2-in-1 boasts exceptional battery life. Pcworld. 23 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ LG gram 14 (2020) review. Techadvisor. 09 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ LG Gram 14 2020 Core i7 (10th gen) laptop review. Techradar. 23 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.