NVIDIA RTX 3090 Review Rundown
Nvidia's new flagship goes by the name of GeForce RTX 3090 and offers a whopping 24 GB of graphics memory for the consumer sector for the first time. Nvidia clearly deviates from the reference design of the RTX 2000 cards in terms of cooling. Unlike with the MSI GeForce RT 3090 Suprim X, Nvidia does not include a graphics card support stand with its model.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition offers 1x HDMI 2.1 and 3x DisplayPort 1.4a connections. The graphics card also has a very high-quality feel, and the card also offers a fan-stop mode. In high resolutions with many details, the graphics card can fully show its strengths as the Unigine Superposition test very well shows.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The $1,500 GeForce RTX 3090 delivers “Titan-class performance,” and that's no exaggeration. You can even game at 8K -- not 4K, 8K—with some titles on this so-called “BFGPU.” The GeForce RT 3090 will absolutely melt your face (and your render times) in many content creation tasks. The upgraded RT and tensor cores help with playing ray traced games at 1440p and 4K resolution.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 is built on the Nvidia Ampere architecture. This means that CUDA core counts per SM is effectively doubled, which is why the card is such a rendering behemoth. Compared to the Titan RTX, it's a massive price cut, where that card cost $2,499 (£2,399, AU$3,999)
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition now claims the top spot on our GPU benchmarks hierarchy. At 350W TGP, this is by far the most power hungry consumer GPU Nvidia has ever released. This is very much a GPU designed for 4K ultra gaming, and at those settings, it's 12% faster than the 3080.
- 1. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 FE - High-end graphics power at a premium price!. Notebookcheck. 06 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition: It works hard, it plays hard. Pcworld. 24 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 review. Techradar. 24 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition Review: Heir to the Titan Throne. Tomshardware. 30 December 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.