Samsung Q70T Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Samsung Q70/Q70T QLED is a good all-around 4K TV from Samsung's 2020 QLED lineup. It uses a VA panel with a fantastic contrast ratio and remarkable black uniformity.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Q70T is a mid-range 4K QLED TV that sits between the entry-level Q60T/Q65T and the more premium Q80T. Although it costs around £200 more than Samsung's most basic QLED model, it'll give you a lot more bang for your buck. With HDMI 2.1, the Q70R has Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and 4K 120Hz capabilities, two key gaming features supported by the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Q70/Q70T QLED is a good all-around 4k TV from Samsung's 2020 QLED lineup. The TV uses a VA panel with a fantastic contrast ratio and remarkable black uniformity, producing deep inky blacks even though it lacks a local dimming feature. The Q70T is good for HDR gaming, mostly due to its great gaming performance. It's a good TV for most uses, but it doesn't perform as well as the Samsung Q60/Q60T Q LED.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Q70T uses Samsung's advanced Tizen smart platform. It also offers support for dynamic HDR10+. The bezel is vanishingly thin, allowing the image to appear suspended in air above a central pedestal stand. There are four HDMI inputs, one of which is eARC compatible, while the fourth is HDMI 2.1.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The all-new Samsung Q70T QLED TV boasts much of the feature armory found in Samsung's more expensive QLED 4K screens, but doesn't come with such a punishing price tag. Despite using an edge-lit design, its imagery is bold and bright, connected platform is top notch and, if you're planning to buy a PS5 or Xbox Series X, it could well be your cheapest route to high frame rate 4K gameplay.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Q70T QLED TV embodies Samsung's strategy for its low and midrange TVs in 2020. It's $500 less than 2019's Q70R (but still more expensive that the TCL 6-Series Roku TV) Samsung also offers the model in 65, 75, 82 and 85 inches. All the sets use a dual backlight and feature the same processor.
- 1. ^ Samsung Q70T/Q75T 4K QLED: An affordable next-gen gaming TV. Expertreviews. 22 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Samsung Q70/Q70T QLED TV Review. Rtings. 29 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Samsung Q70T review. Techadvisor. 13 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Samsung Q70T QLED TV review. Techradar. 31 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Samsung Q70T QLED TV review. Tomsguide. 22 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.