Alienware m17 R3 Review Rundown
Alienware m17 R3 is a premium gaming laptop aimed at hardcore enthusiasts. With many configuration options and the advanced features that gamers are looking for, this is one of the best 17-inch gaming laptops available.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The m17 R3 is roughly 400 g heavier (3 kg vs. 1.6 kg) without being any larger. The new SD card reader offers very fast transfer rates similar to the XPS series. The costlier 4K UHD configuration promises full AdobeRGB coverage but with slower response times and a slower refresh rate than the 1080p option.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m17 R3 is a premium gaming laptop aimed at hardcore enthusiasts. With many configuration options and the advanced features that gamers are looking for, this is one of the best 17-inch gaming laptops available. The 17.3-inch screen provides full HD (1,920-by-1,080-pixel) resolution and a 300Hz refresh rate.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m17 R3 has the power to output to 1440p screens, VR headsets and widescreens, and it'll handle 4K if you dial back graphics settings. The Intel Core i9-10980HK is Intel's fastest new i9 Comet Lake chip, with eight Hyper-Threaded cores alongside base and boost speeds of 2.4GHz and 5.3GHz. In the UK, the Alienware comes with per-key RGB LED lighting by default, but in the US the default is a four-zone model.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The newly revised Alienware M17 R3 has the latest in everything - CPUs from Intel, GPUs from Nvidia, a 300Hz display - basically, all the good stuff. On the outside, it's Alienware's now familiar ‘Legend' design, which also happens to be its slimmest. It's on the inside, however, where Alienware has worked hardest to up the gaming ante. Highlights include re-engineered ‘cryotech' cooling with 39% more copper, a brand vapor chamber solution for the CPU and 25% more fan blades.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m17 R3 is another notch in the belt of the Dell-owned gaming brand. It boasts an Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super GPU, 32GB memory and double-barreled storage with dual 1TB PCIe M.2 solid state drives. In our testing, the Alienware's 4K display boasted a wide color gamut, reproducing 166% of the sRGB spec by a considerable margin.
- 1. ^ Good-bye, Max-Q: Dell Alienware m17 R3 GeForce RTX 2080 Super Laptop Review. Notebookcheck. 04 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Alienware m17 R3 Review. Pcmag. 13 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Alienware m17 R3 review. Techadvisor. 29 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Alienware M17 R3 (2020) review. Techradar. 15 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Alienware m17 R3 review. Tomsguide. 07 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.