ASUS PG259QN Review Rundown
Asus ROG Swift PG259QNR is an excellent gaming monitor with exceptional motion handling. It's the world's first 360Hz gaming monitor. The monitor's sleek design, gamer-friendly ergonomics, record-setting input-lag results, and exceptional color accuracy place it above most gaming monitors.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Asus ROG gaming monitor has an ultraquick 360Hz, 1080p display. DisplayPort 1.4a offers just enough bandwidth to push 1080p over to the monitor at 360Hz. Light bleed and IPS glow is minimal on our sample, and much better than on curved ultrawide monitors.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Swift 360Hz is based on so-called Fast IPS (FIPS) panel technology. FIPS technology uses thinned-out elements and optimized voltage patterns to deliver IPS displays that push the limits of refresh rates, response times, and input lag. The onscreen display (OSD) menu is incredibly deep and fully-featured.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN is an excellent gaming monitor with exceptional motion handling. It has good ergonomics and wide viewing angles, making it a great option for co-op gaming and sharing content. Sadly, it can't deliver a good HDR experience, as it lacks local dimming, a wide color gamut, and doesn't get bright enough to make highlights stand out.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Swift PG259QN runs at 360 frames per second. It includes G-Sync, which operates over the full range from 1-360 Hz. HDR locks out most image controls, but you can still adjust contrast and color temp. It's an edge array, so no one's expecting it to be the best HDR monitor.
- 1. ^ Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QNR review: Only skill can save you now. Digitaltrends. 04 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN Review. Pcmag. 28 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN Monitor Review. Rtings. 20 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Asus ROG Swift PG259QN 360Hz Monitor Review: Elite Speed. Tomshardware. 09 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.