ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHP Review Rundown
ASUS | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
ASUS Republic of Gamers Strix XG17AHP is the world's fastest portable gaming monitor, featuring a 17.3" FHD IPS panel with super-fast 240Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming experience. Its built-in 7800 mAh battery gives the XG17AHP up to 3.5 hours of on-the-go gaming at maximum frame rate.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Strix XG17 is described as ‘the world's first 240Hz portable monitor’ It has a 17.3in FHD display and adaptive-sync technology, which automatically identifies the optimal refresh rate. Asus claims that this completely eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates, without the user having to lift a finger.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE brings a pro-level 240 Hz refresh rate to a portable screen for the first time. The 17.3-inch monitor uses an origami-style stand that you must fold a certain way to prop up the monitor. The monitor will eventually be available as a different SKU with a tripod stand, but that ups the monitor's price to $600.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The ROG Strix XG17 is a slender and portable 17.3-inch IPS monitor. It has a Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, a response time of 3ms, and a refresh rate of 48-240Hz. There's a micro-HDMI port, for when you want to hook up a gaming laptop. It also supports adaptive sync technology – although, at the time of writing, no-one could tell whether this meant Nvidia G-Sync, AMD FreeSync, or both.
- 1. ^ Asus ROG Strix XG17 hands-on review: The world’s first 240Hz portable monitor is revealed at Computex 2019. Expertreviews. 27 May 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Asus ROG Strix XG17AHPE 240Hz Portable Monitor Review: Expensive Innovation. Tomshardware. 11 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Hands on: Asus ROG Strix XG17 240Hz portable gaming monitor Review. Trustedreviews. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.