Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is a high-end smartphone with a 6.64-inch OLED screen that, on first glance, seems quite similar to the Note 20 Ultra's. It's only slightly narrower than the iPhone 11 and bigger than 2019's Note 10. As the number of genuinely small phones decreases, and more budget ones try to offer ‘value’ with ever-larger displays, the Note 20 feels like no more than a mid-size phone.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Note 20 has a smaller, 6.7in Super AMOLED display, at a reduced resolution of FHD+. It also doesn't support the new silky-smooth 120Hz refresh rate, instead making do with a bog-standard 60Hz. On the front, there's barely a whiff of a bezel, with just a simple circular hole-punch notch in the top-centre of the screen, which houses the 10-megapixel selfie snapper. The phone itself is IP68 rated for protection against water and dust, and there's no dedicated Bixby button this year.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is a high-end smartphone that was released on August 5, 2020. Samsung decided to go ahead with the Exynos 990 SoC, which means there is no Snapdragon 865 chipset. With a classic, or even moderate use of three hours of screen time, the smartphone falls below the 15% remaining battery life mark in a matter of just 12 hours.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Note20 comes with Android 10 and Samsung's in-house One UI 2.5 preinstalled. Supported location services include GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, QZSS, and Galileo. Supported biometric identification includes the in-display fingerprint reader and a 2D face detection feature.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $999.99 Note 20 isn't as good as the $1,399.99 Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The Note 20 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ processor and benchmarks just like other top-of-the-line phones. The phone supports wireless DeX connectivity to cast a PC-like mode to your TV.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The is the “cheaper” Note to buy this year, but it still has an MSRP of $999. If you can grab it with a $150 or $200 discount — sure, it can be worth it. The real disappointment is that the Note 20 does not have a high refresh rate screen.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is a lower-cost alternative to the Note 20 Ultra. The Note 20 doesn't have a glass back, an ultra-high-res screen or a curved front, and while none of these omissions has a huge impact on how the phone feels to use, they make the phone seem expensive for what you get. While the UK version runs on the Exynos 990 processor, which isn't all that easy on the juice – and due, we suspect, in large part to this, the battery doesn't last as long as we'd like. The phone is significantly smaller, which will please those with smaller hands or smaller pockets. It's only slightly narrower than an iPhone 11, and bigger than 2019's Note 10.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is one of the best phones you can buy today. It has the same powerful Snapdragon 865 processor, versatile S Pen and productivity-minded software. The Note 20 lacks the 108-megapixel primary sensor and 50x Space Zoom capability of the pricier Note 20 Ultra.
- 1. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 hands-on review: Overshadowed, but not outdone. Expertreviews. 24 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 review: lacking any real punch. Nextpit. 29 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note20 Review - Not always better than the Note10. Notebookcheck. 02 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Review. Pcmag. 25 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 review: plastic jewelry. Phonearena. 21 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 review. Techradar. 30 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Samsung Galaxy Note 20 review. Tomsguide. 01 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.