Apple iMac 27 (2020) Review Rundown
The 2020 27-inch iMac features 10th-gen Intel processors up to 10 cores, AMD Radeon Pro graphics, fast SSDs, and a new nano-texture glass option for the Retina 5K display, a 1080p FHD FaceTime camera, and more.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The iMac 27 is the first iMac with an optional matte screen. The processor is an Intel Core i9-10910, which is exclusive for Apple's iMac. Compared to the iMac Pro 2018 and especially the most powerful MacBook Pro 16, there is a significant performance advantage. The iMac is hardly convincing in terms of maintenance.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The 27-inch version of the Apple iMac bolsters its claim to being the best large-screen all-in-one (AIO) computer you can buy. With so few competitors in this category of desktop, the iMac stands out as the obvious choice for someone willing to pay for a lot of computing power. An iMac refresh sometimes brings new features, but it almost always brings something else, too.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
Big black bezels surround the display but who cares when the display is this good? The 5K (5120 x 2880) screen is the best part of this computer, with superb colour reproduction and P3 wide colour. Brightness is extremely good (as are the auto-brightness settings) and you get True Tone on an iMac for the first time. Apple says the T2 Security Chip in the iMac helps compute better low-light performance along with tone mapping, exposure control and face detection when using the FaceTime app.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The iMac 27-inch (2020) is Apple's latest entry in its iconic lineup of all-in-ones. It comes with the latest 10th generation Intel Comet Lake processors, speedy solid state drives (SSDs) across the board, powerful AMD Radeon Pro graphics cards and bags of RAM. For home workers, there's also a new 1080p FaceTime HD webcam and studio-quality microphones, which make a big improvement to video calls. While the iMac 2020 is still undeniably a stylish looking device, certain aspects of its design are starting to feel dated – especially the thick bezels around the sides.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
Apple's new 2020 version of the 27-inch iMac looks exactly like it has for eight years now. The updates are all on the inside, adding improvements that bring it up to specs you'd expect in a 2020 computer. This iMac may very well be the last Mac ever made with an Intel processor instead of Apple's own silicon inside it.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) starts at $1,799. The top-end model gives you the option of a more powerful GPU. The iMac supports 802.11ac for Wi-Fi, and, in an upgrade from last year's model, also supports Bluetooth 5.0.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The iMac 2020 27-inch is a seriously versatile machine. There are multiple options available, ranging from a base 10th-gen Intel Core i5 processor with Radeon Pro 5300 graphics. The screen itself is 27-inches, with a 5K resolution (5120 x 2880), use of the P3 colour gamut that has become common across Apple's line. True Tone adapts the colour temperature of the display to match your environment.
- 1. ^ Apple iMac 27 Mid 2020 Review: The All-in-One gets a matte display. Notebookcheck. 10 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Apple iMac 27-Inch (2020) Review. Pcmag. 17 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Apple iMac 27in (2020) review. Techadvisor. 10 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) review. Techradar. 17 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) review: new webcam, new screen option, same iMac. Theverge. 14 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) review. Tomsguide. 09 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) Review. Trustedreviews. 11 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.