Sony A7S III Review Rundown
Sony Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 30 Apr 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
A7S III is Sony's new, video-centric full-frame mirrorless camera. It can shoot 4K video at 120fps (yes, still at 10-bit) and it is divine. Unlike the older A7S cameras, the Mark III uses the newer, larger Sony NP-FZ100 batteries, which should be good for 500-600 stills.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
The A7-III is Sony's new, video-centric full-frame mirrorless camera. The camera can shoot 4K video at 120fps (yes, still at 10-bit) and it is divine. Autofocus on this camera is absurdly good. If your SD cards are rated V90 you should be able to handle most of the camera's modes.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The a7S III ups autofocus performance for both stills and video, reduces rolling shutter. The 12MP BSI design doesn't capture as much detail, but has a very wide ISO 80-409600 sensitivity range. Panasonic's camera uses a different lens system, L-mount, but supports 6K capture.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Sony A7S III is the finest hybrid video camera you can buy. Thanks to a 12.1MP back-illuminated full-frame sensor, it's a best-in-class low-light 4K video camera. With an also-new Bionz XR processor that brings 8x faster performance and an expandable ISO of 40-409,600, the specs definitely impress. It also delivers excellent, customizable autofocus system, with 759 phase-detection AF points.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Sony A7S III is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera designed primarily with video makers in mind. It can capture footage in resolutions up to 4K UHD and frame rates of up to 240fps, and supports a wide range of picture profiles and log modes. While video is its main focus, the camera can also shoot stills quite capably. Its 12.1MP full-frame sensor is capable in low light owing to its large pixels.
- 1. ^ The Sony A7Siii Is a Dreamy Video Monster. Gizmodo. 2020-10-09. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Sony a7S III Review. Pcmag. 2021-04-29. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- 3. ^ Sony A7S III review. Techradar. 2020-07-28. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Sony A7S III Review. Trustedreviews. 2020-10-30. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.