RAM 1500 (5th) Review Rundown
The Ram 1500 is probably the best half-ton truck available today. Under the hood is a smooth 5.7-liter Hemi V8. With the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine, the Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,560 pounds.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
The Ram 1500 is the only truck in its class to offer mild-hybrid assist. When properly configured, the Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,700 pounds. The 2019 Ram comes in a wide variety of trim levels, with two- or four-wheel drive, Crew cabs and two different bed lengths.
The Ram 1500 is probably the best half-ton truck available today. Mopar offers around 500,000 different components for the company's broad range of vehicles. Items like side steps, tonneau covers and splash guards are some of the most popular add-ons. With freer-flowing intake and exhaust systems, this V8-powered pickup performs well.
Even the weakest 2020 Ram 1500 can pull 6,390 pounds and the truck's maximum towing capacity is 12,750 pounds. The EPA rates the eTorque V8-equipped Ram at 17 miles per gallon city and 23 mpg highway. Even without the aforementioned air suspension, the Ram was perfectly smooth along the 10 freeway between Los Angeles and Phoenix.
Ram's new 3.0-liter V6 engine has a brand-new turbocharger, intake ports and combustion system. It offers more power and torque than its predecessor, while offering reductions in noise, vibration and harshness. The Ram EcoDiesel can haul 2,040 pounds in its bed or tow 12,560 pounds behind it.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The 2019 Ram 1500 continues its campaign for comfort with improved ride quality, better interior materials, and class-exclusive technologies. With the availability of a mild hybrid system for both V6 and V8 powertrains, the truck also makes a critical efficiency play. At present, Ram offers two engine choices in three flavors: a 3.6-liter V6 with eTorque mild hybrid assistance or the carryover 5.7-liter Hemi V8.
- 1. ^ 2019 Ram 1500 review: A pickup with style and substance. Cnet. 27 February 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ 2020 Ram 1500 review: Testing out some Mopar mods. Cnet. 15 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ 2020 Ram 1500 review: eTorque truck is a road-trip star. Cnet. 20 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel review: The best full-size truck adds efficiency and capability. Cnet. 21 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ 2019 Ram 1500 Review. Digitaltrends. 22 January 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.