Ford Escape (4th) Review Rundown
The 2020 Ford Escape offers not one, but two hybrid powertrains. Both are nicely refined, with near-seamless engine restarts. With standard all-wheel drive and 3,500 pounds of towing capacity, the 2.0T is also the most capable version of the Escape.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
The 2020 Ford Escape has a new look, the latest technology, efficient drivetrains and an improved chassis. The most impressive part of the new Escape is its commuting performance. The Escape is an engaging crossover to drive, but I wish steering was more responsive off center. The 2020 Escape begins at $24,885 for a base front-wheel drive model.
The 2020 Ford Escape is very much a utilitarian product, attempting to appeal to as wide a swath of the buying public as possible. The Escape's interior is straightforward, but that doesn't mean it's boring. Sync 3 is standard on all but the base S, living in the center of the dashboard.
The 2020 Ford Escape offers not one, but two hybrid powertrains. Only one Escape Hybrid will be available right at launch. The second piece of Ford's two-part Escape Hybrid story will arrive next spring. The Escape Hybrid faces tough competition from the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.
The 2021 Ford Escape is not a particularly exciting ride, even loaded up in Titanium trim. Ford's 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder has 250 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. The Escape has standard all-wheel drive and 3,500 pounds of towing capacity. On the outside, the Escape's smoothed-over design is quite car-like and approachable.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The 2020 Ford Escape is aimed at keeping current sedan and hatchback owners in the Ford fold. The Escape has battled the Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, and Toyota RAV4 for almost two decades. To stand out from the crowd, Ford took the 2020 Escape's exterior styling in a different direction than either of the previous generations.
- 1. ^ 2020 Ford Escape first drive: This small SUV has big appeal. Cnet. 17 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ 2020 Ford Escape review: People pleaser. Cnet. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid first drive review: A more efficient SUV option. Cnet. 19 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ 2021 Ford Escape review: A sensible choice. Cnet. 08 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ 2020 Ford Escape first drive review. Digitaltrends. 25 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.