Bose Portable Home Speaker Review Rundown
Bose Portable Home Speaker delivers Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control with powerful wireless audio for its size, if not its price. The $350 speaker manages to balance portability, ruggedness, sound quality, and smart speaker features in a single well-designed product.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The $350 Bose Portable Home Speaker can easily fill a room with detailed music. The microphone array that sits atop the speaker will hear your commands with impressive accuracy. Despite the excellent mic array, there's no speakerphone function and no Bluetooth stereo-pairing, both of which are offered on the company's dedicated Bluetooth speakers.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $349.95 Bose Portable Home Speaker features built-in support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The cylindrical speaker comes in black or silver and measures 7.5 inches high and 4.0 inches in diameter. There's plenty of power here, with lots of reciprocal boosting in the lows and highs so things remain balanced.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
Bose's Portable Home Speaker is a single, high-end Bose speaker that you can move around the house. There's built-in support for smart assistants, so you can ask Google Assistant or Alexa to settle arguments about trivia even from the garden. Sound is unsurprisingly a strong suit here. Bose is especially bullish about the bass response, with three passive radiators packed in to deliver really solid low-end response.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Bose Portable Home Speaker is available to buy for $349 / £369.95 / AU$499. It has a built-in microphone to pick up your voice when you summon your voice assistant. You can also ask it for weather updates, to check your calendar, and control your connected devices. It comes with 12 hours of playback from a single charge, which is more than the Sonos Move.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Bose Portable Home Speaker pairs with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control. At 2.3 pounds, this speaker is half of the weight of the hefty, 6.6-pound Sonos Move. Bose claims the Portable Home speaker will last up to 12 hours while bumping at a "loud" volume.
- 1. ^ Bose Portable Home Speaker review: Great sound, anywhere. Digitaltrends. 11 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Bose Portable Home Speaker Review. Pcmag. 02 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Bose Portable Home Speaker review. Techadvisor. 05 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Bose Portable Home Speaker review. Techradar. 16 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Bose Portable Home Speaker Review. Tomsguide. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.