Huawei Mate 30 Review Rundown
Huawei Mate 30 is the new entry-level flagship smartphone from the Chinese brand, arriving alongside its more powerful Pro sibling. Like the Mate 30 Pro, the phone's camera array is surrounded by the series' new defining design element, the 'Halo Ring', which reflects light in a circular pattern around a triple camera arrangement.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Mate 30 is a premium blend of glass and metal with a larger footprint than the Pro model thanks to an expansive 6.62-inch display. The phone's flat (2340x1080) OLED panel, paired with a narrow notch (housing a 24MP front camera, earpiece and secondary depth camera) means the phone is ideal for enjoying media. Like the Mate 30 Pro, the phone's camera array is surrounded by the 'Halo Ring', which reflects light in a circular pattern around a triple camera arrangement.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Mate 30 is the new entry-level flagship smartphone from the Chinese brand. The Huawei ban on Google means the Mate 30 series don't have access to the search giant's applications and services. This means you'll be forced to use Huawei's own app store, the range of apps on which isn't going to be as wide as the offering from Google. It's expected to start releasing in October, but we'll update you right here as soon as we know.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Mate 30 runs on an open-source version of the latest Android 10 operating system, with Huawei's EMUI 10 skin overlaid. It feels very familiar to previous Huawei handsets, but with one key, obvious difference: there are none of the familiar Google apps usually pre-installed as standard due to the current ban in place from the US government. You won't have access to the Play Store to install many of your favourite apps either, with just Huawei's lacklustre App Gallery taking its place.
- 1. ^ Huawei Mate 30 Review: Hands-on. Techadvisor. 20 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Hands on: Huawei Mate 30 review. Techradar. 20 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Hands on: Huawei Mate 30 Review. Trustedreviews. 24 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.