LG 27GN950 Review Rundown
LG Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 23 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The LG 27GN950-B is a great 4K gaming monitor with a high native refresh rate. It displays bright colors well thanks to its high peak brightness, but it struggles with dark colors due to the low contrast ratio. There's RGB illumination on the back, but the LG UltraGear Control Center doesn't appear to work on this monitor.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
LG 27GN950 is superbly well-suited to graphic work, which isn't something we often see on gaming monitors. The Nano IPS panel is extremely responsive, and after updating the display's firmware, easily overclockable to 160 Hz with just the press of a button. It's also a great monitor for those who like to get up close during intense gameplay thanks to the sharp image.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The 27in UltraGear 27GN950 has a 4K resolution, refresh rates up to 144Hz and compatibility with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro and Nvidia G-Sync. For the occasions when you want to watch films rather than play games, there's VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification. But it's gaming where this screen excels, with a vividness that's a world apart from everyday IPS monitors.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The LG 27GN950-B is a great 4k gaming monitor with a high native refresh rate. It has an incredible response time and low input lag whether you're gaming at its max refresh rate or 60Hz. It displays bright colors well thanks to its high peak brightness, but it struggles with dark colors due to the low contrast ratio. The LG has wider viewing angles that are more ideal for sharing content or playing co-op games, and it gets brighter in HDR.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The LG 27GN950-B is one of the few monitors that lets you dial down the light level in HDR mode. It's searingly bright at its default brightness setting of 100. The monitor has similar contrast to other IPS monitors but a bit more color saturation. With the backlight set for 200 nits brightness, we could work all day without fatigue.
- 1. ^ LG 27GN950 review: The perfect 4K gaming monitor, almost. Digitaltrends. 2020-12-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ LG UltraGear 27GN950 review: A stellar gaming monitor with beautiful colours. Expertreviews. 2021-03-23. Retrieved 2021-03-23.
- 3. ^ LG 27GN950-B Monitor Review. Rtings. 2020-11-19. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ LG 27GN950-B 4K 144Hz Monitor Review: One Fast Pixel Mover. Tomshardware. 2020-12-14. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.