LG Z9 OLED Review Rundown
The 88-inch LG Signature Series OLED88Z9 is the biggest OLED TV we've tested, and the first available in 8K resolution. While we can't recommend anyone purchase an 8K TV until native content becomes readily available, this is the one to get if you have a blank check and want a big, awesome screen. The Z9 has full-spec HDMI 2.1 ports onboard and very advanced chipsets.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The LG Z9 is, first and foremost, an OLED TV, and that fact alone makes it stand out. It's got the best back levels, more than adequate brightness, awesome color, killer response time, low input lag for gamers, HDMI 2.1 for future-proofing, variable refresh rate, auto low latency mode, excellent upscaling, and a whole litany of other reasons.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The 88-inch LG Signature Series OLED88Z9 is the biggest OLED TV we've tested, and the first available in 8K resolution. It offers superlative contrast thanks to its OLED panel, and some of the best color performance we've seen. While we can't recommend anyone purchase an 8K TV until native content becomes readily available for it, this is the one to get if you have a blank check.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The LG Z9 uses an 88-inch 8K (7680 x 4320) 10-bit OLED panel, which equates to over 33 million self-emissive pixels. It uses an updated version of LG's 2nd generation Alpha9 intelligent processor, which employs deep learning algorithms to analyse content before optimising the image. The Z9's dynamic tone mapping does a great job of bringing out all the details in dark scenes, while ensuring other parts of the image appear brighter. Despite its size this TV looks attractive and discrete thanks to a minimalist design.
- 1. ^ LG Z9 88-inch 8K HDR OLED TV review: The future of television. Digitaltrends. 21 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ LG Signature OLED88Z9PUA Review. Pcmag. 21 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ LG Z9 OLED 8K TV (OLED88Z9) review. Techradar. 03 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.