Mercedes GLB (X247) Review Rundown
The Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class is a compact crossover that share the same MFA2 platform as the A-, B-, CLA-, and GLA-classes, powered by an eight-speed auto ‘box and Mercedes' front-biased four-wheel-drive system. The GLB offers more headroom and cargo space than the GLC.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Autocar have found the following[***]:
Mercedes-Benz's new GLB compact SUV is a direct challenge to the Land Rover Discovery Sport. The GLB has a range of four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines to choose from. A plug-in hybrid, a couple of hotter AMG models, and a fully electric version are all in the pipeline.
Reviewers from Autoexpress have found the following[***]:
The Mercedes GLB 220 d doesn't quite score a direct hit on the Discovery Sport, but it's certainly the most competent rival yet for Land Rover's baby seven-seater. It offers strong performance and refinement, along with a better-finished cabin and more coherent in-car tech, but you will have to forego some boot space to get it.
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
The Mercedes-Benz GLB offers more headroom and cargo space than the GLC. A pair of 10.25-inch screens run Mercedes' excellent MBUX infotainment tech. The driver-assistance technology loadout is also impressive, though you have to pay to play.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB is the second crossover in the Mercedes compact lineup, alongside the GLA. Despite the vehicle's relatively small footprint, Mercedes offers the GLB with a third row of seats, bringing the total number to seven. The GLB gets the same MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system as the 2020 CLA.
- 1. ^ Mercedes-Benz GLB 220d 2020 UK review. Autocar. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ New Mercedes GLB 220 d 2020 review. Autoexpress. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB250 review: Fitting in and standing out. Cnet. 06 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB first drive review: Giving you space. Digitaltrends. 18 December 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.