Sony A8H Review Rundown
Sony A8H OLED is an undeniably premium TV with a premium price to match. It is Sony's entry-level OLED for 2020, sitting below their Master series. It has a very sharp roll-off towards the TV's peak brightness and doesn't support HDMI 2.1.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The A8H gets Sony's best picture processor, a gorgeous design accented by adjustable feet, and just about every feature found on the A9G. It's about $400 less for a 55-inch model at $1,900 and $500 more for a 65-inch set at $2,800. If this deal isn't convincing enough for you, check out the best Black Friday TV deals.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Sony A8H OLED is an excellent TV that delivers incredible picture quality. Because it's an OLED TV, it has an infinite contrast ratio and produces perfect blacks. There's a bit of stutter when watching lower frame rate content, which is caused by the TV's near-instantaneous response time. The TV produces perfect black levels and has a wide color gamut that helps bring out highlights in HDR content, despite only getting decently bright.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Sony A8H/A8 OLED TV was announced at CES 2020 and is now available all over the world in two sizes, 55 and 65 inches. There's no support on this Sony model, though, for 4K/120Hz support or Variable Refresh Rates, despite these features all set to turn up on Sony's own PS5 games console later this year. As always with Android TV, the A8 provides built-in Google Chromecast support, Google Assistant and the GooglePlay store.
- 1. ^ Sony A8H 4K HDR OLED TV review: Superbly cinematic. Digitaltrends. 05 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Sony A8H OLED TV Review. Rtings. 15 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony Bravia A8H/A8 OLED TV review. Techradar. 21 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.