Sony WI-1000XM2 Review Rundown
Sony WI-1000XM2 are Bluetooth headphones have a 360 Reality feature available through the Sony | Headphones Connect app, but you have to be subscribed to compatible services to use this feature. Its Dual Noise Sensor technology and Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing function allow the WI-1000XM2 to cancel noise more effectively, even in aircraft cabins.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Sony WI-1000XM2 have both recessed bass and treble, making notes in both ranges dull and veiled. While good for casual use, fans of neutral sound might not like the lifeless sound profile. These headphones are only compatible with the PS4 via the audio cable plugged into the controller. While the Sony have a solid silicone neckband compared to the Jabra's hard plastic design, the JabRA are more stable, making them a better choice for sports.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
WI-1000XM2 wireless neckband earbuds are Sony's latest noise-canceling headphones. Sony says the earphones are capable of cutting out even the most pervasive sounds, like the ambient noise within an aircraft cabin, making them ideal for anyone who travels a lot. Sony's HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 is also found in the industry-leading WH-1000MX3 over-ear headphones. There's also a Digital Sound Enhancement Engine which upscales your compressed MP3 files.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Sony WI-1000XM2 are some of the best active noise cancellation earphones you can get. They use Bluetooth 5.0, have NFC for quick pairing with Androids and support Sony's LDAC format for high-resolution streaming. Detail is excellent, and Sony actively wants us to appreciate it, with enlivened treble. But treble presentation is a little forced, resulting in sibilance.
- 1. ^ Sony WI-1000XM2 Wireless Headphones Review. Rtings. 06 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Hands on: Sony WI-1000XM2 wireless headphones review. Techradar. 05 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony WI-1000XM2 Review. Trustedreviews. 10 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.