Sony Xperia L4 Review Rundown
Sony Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Sony Xperia L4 is not as praise-worthy as last year's Xperia L3, but it's still a dependable phone for the price. You'll need to charge it every day, as it struggles with some very demanding games, and the design may seem plain if you don't buy into Sony's style. If Sony wants to really take the fight to the competition, it'll have to make some much more drastic changes.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Xperia L4 has a 21:9 aspect ratio screen and a 13-megapixel camera. It uses the same MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 processor as last year's Xperia L3. It also has a larger, 3,580mAh battery, which is a sensible upgrade. As before, it isn't IP-rated for dust or water protection, but it does have an NFC chip.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia L4 comes with a 13-megapixel camera on the back, plus a wide-angle lens. However, a macro lens like on the comparable devices is missing. The camera takes surprisingly sharp pictures under normal lighting conditions, the colors are not very strong, but they look more realistic. On the credit side, there are the neat sounding loudspeakers, faster WLAN and the possibility to recharge the cell phone quickly.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia L4 is one of only a handful of budget phones to have a unique selling point: 21:9 aspect ratio. It's the first time Sony has brought this tall, narrow form factor to its budget line. Its effect on the user experience remains largely the same as 2019's Xperia 1 and Xperia 5. However, it's punctured by a rather unsightly teardrop notch.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia L4 has a 6.2-inch LCD screen whose only stand-out part is shape. It has slim-enough screen borders, far smaller than the iPhone SE's, and a tidy-looking teardrop screen notch. It does not support HDR, which is not a surprise. To get nearer to the kind of responsiveness of a top-end phone, consider spending a little more.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia L4 offers a super-widescreen experience in an ostensibly similar form factor (squinting required) for just £169. With an extremely modest spec sheet and an uninspired design, it's hardly a major leap forward from the underwhelmingSony Xperia L3. Sony's clean, relatively stripped back take on Android is comfortably in the top half of the table when it comes to custom UIs. However, it feels like Sony's unfussy software gives the phone's limited specs vital breathing space.
- 1. ^ Sony Xperia L4 review: Flawed affordability. Expertreviews. 04 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Sony Xperia L4 smartphone Review - 2020 smartphone with 2018 android. Notebookcheck. 16 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony Xperia L4 review. Techadvisor. 30 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Sony Xperia L4 review. Techradar. 13 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Sony Xperia L4 Review. Trustedreviews. 22 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.