Lenovo Yoga C740 15 Review Rundown
The 15.6-inch Lenovo Yoga C740 gives you the look and build quality of a premium laptop for under $1,000. Compared to its predecessor, the Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB, the C740 appears to benefit from a more potent cooling solution. If you're looking for the super-fine detail of a QHD or 4K display, however, you'll have to look elsewhere.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
The 15.6-inch Lenovo Yoga C740 is an excellent pick for everyday home office or schoolwork. The $1,000 model I tested is worth saving up for if you can. It has twice the storage, more memory (which is soldered on and can't be upgraded later) and a faster processor.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Yoga C740-15IML is a laptop-tablet hybrid. Unlike its predecessor Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB, the device does not include a dedicated GPU. Lenovo has cut the Thunderbolt 3 functionality from the second available USB Type-C port. Since the warranty package only includes a bring-in service, users will have to send in the device for repairs.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The 15-inch version of the Lenovo Yoga C740 starts at $779.99; $1,099.99 as tested. The laptop can be opened up like a laptop, and then opened up even further to let you position it as a tent on a flat surface. It lacks the option for a display resolution above full HD (1,920 by 1,080 pixels)
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Yoga C740 15 is the kind of laptop Lenovo should have knocked out of the park. Its battery life and screen brightness are excellent for a 15-inch laptop. The weaker CPU allows the C740 to use a USB-C charger, rather than the proprietary cable Lenovo uses in more powerful laptops.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo Yoga C740 is a 2-in-1 laptop with a Full HD touchscreen. It is powered by Intel's 10th Gen Core i7 processor, though Lenovo also sells an i5 version. The laptop is compatible with a range of styluses and can be folded flat into a tablet for sketching ideas and taking quick notes.
- 1. ^ Lenovo Yoga C740 (15-inch) review: A better everyday 2-in-1 for the work-from-home crowd. Cnet. 20 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Lenovo Yoga C740-15IML Laptop Review: Strong Battery Life, Weak Display. Notebookcheck. 07 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Lenovo Yoga C740 (15-Inch) Review. Pcmag. 23 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Lenovo Yoga C740 15 review: A budget-friendly convertible that's a little clunky. Pcworld. 21 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Lenovo Yoga C740 (15-inch) Review. Trustedreviews. 20 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.