Aston Martin DBS Review Rundown
Aston Martin has created a performance car like no other. Importantly for the British marque, it also stands out compared to other Astons. The DBS Superleggera comes with a front-mounted V12 engine. Compared to the 812 Superfast, the DBS's steering doesn't require quite as much focus in order to make smooth progress.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
Aston Martin has created a performance car like no other. Its combination of a massive V12 engine and rear-wheel-drive is befitting of the grandest of grand tourers. The DBS Superleggera is not a completely stand-alone model though, underneath the bodywork it is based on the V12 DB11.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera shares everything that made the DB11 special, amplifying almost every aspect for the better. The V12 engine might not have the excitement of a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso, but otherwise it's phenomenal. You could argue that the more spacious, equally comfortable Ferrari is the better grand tourer, but the DBS is a wonderful machine nonetheless.
The new DBS Superleggera Volante is the new premier super GT convertible in Aston Marin's now two-car open-top line-up. The convertible uses the same bonded aluminum platform used on the DB11, and of course the same 5.2-litre twin-turbo V12 packing a colossal 715bhp and 900Nm of torque. At 3.6 seconds the drop-top is 0.2 seconds slower than the coupe but tops out at an identical 211mph, and the additional weight gains amount to 100kg.
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
Even before you fire up its big V12, the DBS Superleggera Volante pulls you in with its exquisite style. The interior, by contrast, isn't so exemplary. The DBS is far more of a grand tourer than a razor-sharp sports car. It's best enjoyed on a winding road with the wind in your hair.
- 1. ^ Aston Martin DBS Superleggera review . Autoexpress. 13 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ New Aston Martin DBS Superleggera 2018 review. Autoexpress. 21 November 2018. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ New Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante 2019 review. Autoexpress. 02 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ 2020 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante review: Beauty is a beast. Cnet. 23 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.