Alienware m17 R2 Review Rundown
Alienware m17 R2 is one of the best gaming laptops with RTX 2080 that you can buy. The thinnest 17-inch gaming laptop on the market at its launch, the m17 R2 weighs under 6lbs; nevertheless, it offers 1.7mm key travel from its newly-engineered keyboard backlit by AlienFX per-key RGB lighting.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
At 5.7 pounds, the 15.7-inch Alienware m17 is one of the lighter 17-inch gaming laptops on the market. The laptop also held its own on our synthetic benchmarks, reaching 102 fps on the Rise of the Tomb Raider benchmark. The base model starts at $1,499 and offers a 2.4-GHz Intel Core i9-9980HK processor.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Dell has dropped the older Alienware 17 design for the newer "Legend" design inspired by the latest Alienware desktops and the recent Alienware Area-51m laptop. The Alienware m17 R2 is much more sensitive to power settings when compared to most other laptops. It's important to become familiar with Alienware Command Center as fan noise is intimately tied to pre-installed software.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m17 is one of the best gaming laptops available for those who want big power in a small design. The laptop is surprisingly portable given its internal hardware, which includes up to a Core i9 CPU and a powerful RTX 2080 graphics. The m17's display reproduces 72% of the sRGB color gamut, which is good for a 144Hz display.
- 1. ^ Alienware m17 R2 Review. Laptopmag. 06 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Dell Alienware m17 R2 Laptop Review: Making Core i9 Worthwhile. Notebookcheck. 26 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Alienware m17 R2 Review. Tomsguide. 24 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.