Fujifilm X100V Review Rundown
Fujifilm | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 13 Jun 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Fujifilm X100V is the fifth iteration of the company's chic, retro-styled compact camera. As with earlier entries, it includes a hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder, an SLR-sized image sensor, and a wide aperture prime lens. Other notable upgrades include the ability to record 4K/30p video.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
Fujifilm's X100 series has persisted for five generations since it first debuted in 2011. With the X100V, it gets some significant and welcome updates inside and out. You'll be able to get it by the end of February for $1,400 -- $100 more than previous models.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The X100V has a hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder and an SLR-sized image sensor. The lens is a fixed prime with a moderately wide angle of view. The camera acquires focus and captures an image with as little as a 0.05-second lapse. The limitation here is the speed at which the lens elements move.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Fujifilm X100V is the fifth member of a family that stretches back to the original X100 from 2011. It has a new 26.1MP APS-C X Trans CMOS 4 sensor, improved autofocus system and the ability to shoot 4K/30p video. It also has a unique hybrid viewfinder, and a fixed 23mm f/2 lens. Some retailers are offering the camera with a weather-resistance kit.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Fujifilm X100V is the latest in its X series of cameras. Has a combination of APS-C sensor and 23mm (equivalent to 35mm) lens. Weather-resistance adds to the premium feel of the camera. Images are beautiful, with pleasing out of focus areas when shooting at a wide aperture.
- 1. ^ Fujifilm X100V enthusiast compact notably improves on its predecessor. Cnet. 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Fujifilm X100V Review. Pcmag. 2020-04-16. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Fujifilm X100V review. Techradar. 2020-03-27. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Fujifilm X100V Review. Trustedreviews. 2020-09-22. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.