Jeep Wrangler (4th, JL) Review Rundown
The JL-generation Wrangler is arguably the best go-anywhere SUV yet, available in two- or four-door body styles, and in Sport, Sport S, Sahara or Rubicon trims. All Wranglers come with four-wheel drive and a two-speed transfer case. The diesel-powered Wrangler drives largely like the gasoline I4 and V6 models.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Autoexpress have found the following[***]:
Still as rugged and capable off-road as it ever was but with a more civilised interior and more all-round appeal generally. As such it's hard to think of anything this side of a Mercedes G-Wagen that offers a similar spectrum of ability. There are three trim levels and two body styles to choose from; Overland, Sahara and Rubicon, all of which come with either two doors or four.
The Rebelle Rally is a grueling, week-long, off-road competition in the California and Nevada desert. For seven days straight, you take on the toughest terrain America's western desert has to offer. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, with the 3.6-liter engine, is arguably the best go-anywhere SUV yet.
For 2020, there's a new, diesel engine under the hood of the Jeep Wrangler. It's nearly the same 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine you'll find in the new Ram 1500. With 260 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque, the Wrangler smoothly eases into traffic.
The Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is an absolute beast of an off-roader, but this makes it a less-than-ideal everyday commuter. The third generation of FCA's EcoDiesel engine is both smooth and responsive. The Wrangler's chassis may have more in common with a covered wagon than more "modern" vehicles.
- 1. ^ New Jeep Wrangler 2019 review. Autoexpress. 20 February 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ 2019 Jeep Wrangler review: First-place performance. Cnet. 04 March 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ 2020 Jeep Wrangler first drive review: Diesel makes the heart grow fonder. Cnet. 11 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ 2020 Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel review: The one you've been waiting for. Cnet. 10 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.