Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is a big, powerful phone that's for those that want 90% of the Samsung flagship experience without the price tag. With a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, the phone is one of the larger smartphones on the market. Under the hood, there's a Snapdragon 855 processor (the best in the business for Android phones a year ago), 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is a great-looking device, provided you're happy with your phones being on the bulky side. There isn't a wide iPhone-like notch, with the front-facing camera housed within a pinhole at the top in the middle like the Note 10 and S20 series. At £579, it's certainly competitive, at least when it comes to other Samsung phones. But flip it over and you see Samsung has committed the same design faux pas as the iPhone 11 and Pixel 4.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
With a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is one of the larger smartphones. Compared to other S10 models, the Galaxy Lite cuts a few corners in terms of the features. Samsung has put a lot of effort into the video-recording performance and although the Samsung phone can only capture videos at up to 2,160p at 30 FPS.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy S10 Lite is slightly larger than the, it has very similar specs, and is somewhat in the same price range. It has a flat screen, so you might prefer the Lite if you don't like Samsung's signature screens. It also has a different camera module, leveraging Samsung's new stabilization system, which eventually made it to the S20 series.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy S10 Lite is a £579 phone, which means it sits somewhere between mid-range and flagship. Samsung says it has ‘pro-grade’ cameras and has a triple set on the back with a single selfie camera in that aforementioned punch-hole notch. It has a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chip and although Samsung lists either 6- or 8GB of RAM, all the UK listings we can see have the latter. This is an excellent combination of specs at this price point.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite is a more affordable version of Samsung's S10 phone. It has a 6.7-inch AMOLED display and a 48MP wide + 12MP + 5MP camera on the rear. It also has a single USB-C port and an in-screen fingerprint sensor. The phone is available now for $649.99 / £499 (around AU$910) without a contract.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
Samsung just announced a $650 price for the Galaxy S10 Lite. You'll be able to buy the phone directly from Samsung as well as from Amazon and Best Buy starting on April 17. At Samsung, you can take $250 off the price with an eligible trade-in. Best Buy is also taking $200 off with qualified activation of the phone.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy S10 Lite has a 48-megapixel camera, a 6.7-inch screen, a Snapdragon 855 processor, and a 4500mAh battery. The screen is large, with a minimal bezel around the sides and a small hole-punch cut-out at the top for the selfie camera. There's no headphone jack, but there is a slot for a MicroSD card. Samsung has bundled in a really cheap set of USB-C earphones that offer horrendously tinny audio playback.
- 1. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite review: Lite means might. Expertreviews. 15 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Review - Smartphone with a strong battery. Notebookcheck. 29 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite review. Phonearena. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite review. Techadvisor. 03 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite review. Techradar. 26 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite review (hands on). Tomsguide. 16 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Review. Trustedreviews. 09 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.