Sony A6400 Review Rundown
The Sony A6400 is a rather ordinary-looking mirrorless camera, but it is shaking up the camera industry. It's borrowed key technologies from Sony's full-frame cameras, despite costing half as much. The grip is comfortable, protruding quite a bit farther from the body than other cameras in this class.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Sony A6400 is a rather ordinary-looking mirrorless camera, but it is shaking up the camera industry. It's borrowed key technologies from Sony's full-frame cameras, despite costing half as much. This is the bleeding edge of autofocus technology, and no other camera manufacturer can keep up with it.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Sony a6400 ($899.99, body only) isn't the sexiest, flashiest camera to come from the brand in recent years. The APS-C format delivers a solid balance of size, image quality, and depth of field control. The camera can still miss focus on occasion, but for the most part does a very good job keeping your subject in focus.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Sony a6400 addresses the needs of many types of photographers. It can capture up to 116 standard JPEG and 46 compressed RAW files in a burst. Sony plans to add Eye AF support for animals later this summer. The camera's biggest drawback is its lack of in-body image stabilization.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Sony's A6400 sits in a middle-ground between the a6500 and the a6000. It inherits some great features from Sony's full-frame lineup. It has the same Bionz X processor as found in the flagship A9 model. It also brings enhancements to Eye AF and subject tracking. Image quality is very good, and the camera is adept at producing pleasing images.
- 1. ^ Sony A6400 review. Digitaltrends. 26 April 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Sony a6400 Review. Pcmag. 27 February 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony a6400 Review: An Excellent Performer With A Few Trade-offs. Tomsguide. 19 August 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Sony A6400 Review. Trustedreviews. 07 March 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.