Canon M6 Mark II Review Rundown
Canon EOS M6 Mark II is an entry-level mirrorless camera with class-leading resolution. It sports a new sensor with class-leading 32.5MP resolution, better 4K support, and improved autofocus. This camera isn't built for professionals, but we've always been pleased with Canon's build quality.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Canon EOS M6 Mark II is a very compact and lightweight mirrorless camera. With 32.5 megapixels, its sensor has almost a third more pixels than the much more common 24MP and 26MP APS-C sensors from Sony and Fujifilm. It also has an improved Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system with Eye AF.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
Canon's EOS M6 Mark II has a new sensor with class-leading 32.5MP resolution. It's the best mirrorless camera Canon has made to date, but enthusiasts may be turned off by a scarcity of premium lens options. The camera can fire as quickly as 14fps in its Hi+ burst rate.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Canon's M range of mirrorless APS-C cameras have been playing second-fiddle to its full-frame options lately. The EOS M6 Mark II represents a fairly dramatic overhaul of that camera. It gets a dramatic boost in resolution over the one in the M6, and the latest Digic 8 processing engine. 14fps shooting with continuous autofocus at full resolution is available. A 30fps raw burst mode is also available, if you can live with 'just' 18 megapixels.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Canon EOS M6 Mark II is built around a 32MP APS-C size sensor. Even with its 32 MP sensor, this little camera is fast, shooting up to 14fps with auto exposure and autofocus. The camera is easy to use thanks to built-in help that explains each shooting mode.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The EOS M6 Mark II is a handsome, well-built camera for enthusiast photographers that doesn't radically depart from its predecessor. Like the Canon 90D, it pairs a 32.5-megapixel APS-C sensor with Canon's latest Digic 8 processor. Despite that extra resolution, it means you get improved burst shooting (up from 7fps to 14fps) for a better hit-rate when shooting action scenes. There's also now a 120fps slo-mo mode when shooting video in Full HD, as well as Eye Detection AF when shooting with continuous autofocus in stills and movies.
- 1. ^ Canon EOS M6 Mark II review: Do megapixels matter?. Digitaltrends. 01 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Canon EOS M6 Mark II Review. Pcmag. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Canon EOS M6 Mark II review. Techradar. 11 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Canon EOS M6 Mark II review. Tomsguide. 17 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Hands on: Canon EOS M6 Mark II Review. Trustedreviews. 28 August 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.