Apple AirPods Pro Review Rundown
The AirPods Pro are Apple's latest wireless earbuds offering. They cost $249, which is $90 more than the original Airpods with the regular charging case and $50 more with a wireless charging case. The Pro has similar battery performance to the standard AirPod, clocking in with roughly 4.5 to 5 hours of listening time and/or 3.5 hours of call time per charge.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The AirPods Pro are a new in-ear version of the wireless buds with active noise-canceling. Apple hasn't abandoned its golf-tee design, but the tee is just a bit shorter. Siri is on-deck for iOS users, constantly listening for voice commands like ‘call Mom,’ “pause music,” and “how do I get to the gym?”
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
AirPods Pro cost $249, which is $90 more than the original AirPods. The new buds offer IPX4 water- and sweat-resistance so you can use them in the gym. Competing wireless earbuds at this price, like the Sennheiser Momentum, offer better sound quality.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
Apple has designed the Pro version of its wireless headphones as in-ear headphones. Apple's AirPods Pro has been able to shorten the long bridge so that the earbuds are less reminiscent of toothbrush attachments. With the help of the Apple ID it is easy to connect the Airpods to other Apple products without a new pairing process.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The AirPods Pro are Apple's latest wireless earbuds offering. They cost US$249, US$100 less than over-ear alternatives like the Bose QuietComfort 35 II and Sony WH-1000XM3. Apple has made active noise cancellation (ANC) one of the main selling points. While we have praised the speakers of Apple's other Pro-branded products like the iPad Pro and MacBook Pro, audiophiles were underwhelmed by the audio equality.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The AirPods Pro deliver strong active noise cancellation in a certified splash-proof build. In addition to the ANC, there's a Transparency listening mode, in which the ANC mics allow you to hear your surroundings without removing the earpieces. The sculpted sound signature won't appeal to purists, but the bass is thoughtfully sculpted.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Apple AirPods Pro Truly Wireless offer similar performance to the Sony WF-1000XM3 Truly Wireless but have much better ANC. The Apple are more comfortable, feel more premium, better-built, stable in the ear, have a more accurate and neutral sound profile, much better noise isolation thanks to their ANC feature, and a longer overall battery life.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
AirPods Pro deliver active noise cancellation, a (finally) much better fit, and an improved design compared to the original AirPods. Additional microphones provide strong noise-cancelling (particularly when commuting), as well as a useful Transparency mode, which really does let the outside world in. The battery life is strong (for Apple earbuds) and we found that the advertised 4-5 hours from a single charge was accurate. We recommend charging the case regularly (a wireless charging pad is a convenient and cool way to do this)
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
Apple's AirPods Pro are a pricier, more feature-rich take on the now iconic true wireless earbuds. They might be on the pricey side, but these are an excellent pair of truly wireless buds that make a perfect duo alongside the iPhone 11. The soundstage is much wider too, and there's a warmth that's completely ignored from Apple's previous truly wireless earBuds. The charging case remains a glossy puck but it's now wider and squatter.
Reviewers from Whathifi have found the following[***]:
AirPods Pros don't replace, but rather sit above, the existing AirPods. Each Pro has two microphones: one on the outside to detect incoming noise that can be cancelled out by anti-noise. One on the inside that detects any noise that makes it through the seal and also analyses how your music is responding to the individual geometry of your ear. Powering the whole experience is the same H1 chip that's built into the second-generation AirPod.
- 1. ^ Apple AirPods Pro review: Best buds. Digitaltrends. 05 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Apple AirPods Pro Review. Laptopmag. 09 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Apple AirPods Pro review: close to perfection. Nextpit. 15 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Apple AirPods Pro Review: Expensive earplugs or the real Hi-Fi deal?. Notebookcheck. 04 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Apple AirPods Pro Review. Pcmag. 31 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Apple AirPods Pro Truly Wireless Headphones Review. Rtings. 11 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Apple AirPods Pro review. Techradar. 18 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 8. ^ Apple AirPods Pro Review. Trustedreviews. 26 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 9. ^ Apple AirPods Pro review. Whathifi. 26 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.